Install the Storage Drive Backplane for Eight-Drive and Twelve-Drive Systems
- Lower the storage drive backplane into the server, and position it to engage
the three mushroom standoffs [1 and 2].
Figure 78 Installing the Storage Drive Backplane
- Using a No. 2 Phillips screwdriver, install and tighten the two screws to
secure the storage drive backplane to the chassis .
- Reconnect the cables to the disk backplane .
- Reconnect the disk backplane LED cable to the storage drive backplane.
- Reconnect the power cable to the storage drive backplane.
- Reconnect the SAS/SATA cable to the storage drive backplane.
- Reconnect the DVD power cable (eight-drive system only) to the top storage drive
- Repeat Step 1 through Step 3 to install the second storage drive backplane in an
- Repeat Step 1 through Step 3 to install the third storage drive backplane in a
- Return the server to operation.
- Install the fan modules, and close the fan assembly door.
See Install a Fan Module.
- Install all storage drives into the storage cage.
See Install a Storage Drive.
- Return the server to the normal rack position.
- Reconnect the power cords to the power supplies, and power on the server.
See Reconnect Power and Data Cables and Power On the Server. Verify that the AC OK LED is lit.
Note - IMPORTANT: After replacing the disk backplane, you must manually program the product serial
number (PSN) into the new disk backplane. This is necessary because the disk
backplane is the primary quorum member for maintaining the PSN for service entitlement.