Locale Selection in GNOME Display Manager
Oracle Solaris 11 provides locale selection in GNOME Display Manager (GDM).
How to Select a Locale in GNOME Desktop Manager
- Type the username and click on the Log In button or press the Enter
key in GDM.
- Click the Log In button or press Return.
The Locale Selection panel becomes visible. This panel is placed at the bottom
of the GDM window as shown in the following figure.
If no locale preference is set during the installation process, the default locale
value is set to the C locale (also known as the POSIX locale).
- To view a list of all available locales, choose Other. A window containing
a list of all locales installed on the system appears as shown in
the following figure.
- Select the desired locale and click OK.
How to Start a Session in a Different Language
- Type your user name and click the Log In button.
- Select a Language from the locale selection menu on the login screen.
- Type your password.
- Click the Log In button.