The Service Infrastructure provides the internal message routing infrastructure capabilities for connecting components and enabling data flow:
- Receives messages from the service providers or external partners through SOAP binding components, adapters, or the delivery API in the form of XML.
- Routes messages based on the composite definition to the appropriate service engine.
Oracle Mediator and the Service Infrastructure provide the following combined capabilities:
- Routing services to provide data movement
- Routing rules to specify routing, document transformation, and filtering
- Subscriptions to business events
- Unified error handling and exception management