|Oracle\xAE Fusion Middleware Helpset for Oracle Enterprise Repository
11g Release 1 (220.127.116.11.0)
Registering an Asset
This procedure is performed in the Asset Editor.
- Click the Overview tab in the selected asset.
- Enter the appropriate information in each of the fields.
- Click Approve. The text in the Overview tab label changes color and the Approve button changes to Unapprove.
- Note: Approval buttons in the Asset Editor are visible only to users with the appropriate permissions.
- Click the Taxonomy tab in the selected asset. Several Categorizations are displayed.
- Click the Assign button in the Classification section. The Assign Classifications dialog is displayed.
- Use the radio buttons to select the appropriate classification.
- No assurance of quality or completeness.
- For educational/informational purposes only. Not approved for use in projects.
- Approved by the Registrar for use in projects.
- Approved and successfully deployed in at least one project.
- Must be used whenever a project requires the functionality the asset provides. (This is especially relevant for Web services that access customer data, process payments, etc.).
- Click OK. The selections are listed in the Classifications section.
- Note: Default Categories may be customized to reflect your environment.
- Repeat the process for each section in the Taxonomy tab.
- Enter appropriate keyword in the text box in the Keywords section.
- Click Add. The new keyword appears in the Keywords list.
- Add other keywords as necessary.
When the Taxonomy tab is completed, click Approve. The text in the Overview tab label changes color and the Approve button changes to Unapprove.
- Click the Documentation tab in the selected asset. A number of suggested document titles are listed in the Documentation window. Appropriate documentation may be associated with each of these titles, and new documents may be added to the list.
To add a new document:
- Click Add. The Edit dialog is displayed.
- Enter the appropriate information in the Name text box.
- Click the Edit button next to the URL text box. The Edit URL dialog is displayed.
- Select Repository File or External File, as appropriate.
- Enter all necessary information in the available text boxes.
- Click OK. The new document appears in the list.
- To edit file information for an existing document, select the document, click Edit, and repeat Steps 18 - 22.
- When finished, click Approve. The text in the Documentation tab label changes color and the Approve button changes to Unapprove.
- Click the Relationships tab in the selected asset.
- Click the Add button. The Add Relationships dialog is displayed.
- Use the Search or List All Active buttons to display assets in the Asset section of the dialog.
- Select an asset from the list.
- Use the Relationship Type list to select the appropriate relationship between the two assets.
- Click OK.
- Add other asset relationships as necessary.
- When finished, click Approve. The text in the Relationships tab label changes color and the Approve button changes to Unapprove.
See the Oracle Enterprise Repository
Configuration Guide for information on configuring relationships.
Completing the Tab Approval Process
While certain tabs are common to all asset types, the specific Asset Editor tabs for any asset are determined by the configuration of the Type template to which the asset is assigned on submission. Similarly, the metadata elements that appear on any tab are also determined by the Type configuration. While the specific tabs and elements may vary from Type to Type, the approval process for each tab involves the entry and/or review of the information in each element.
Every asset in Oracle Enterprise Repository
has an Administration tab. Use the Administration tab to:
- Track the asset Created, Submitted, Accepted workflow.
- Assign users to review and approve information on the other tabs.
- Change the asset's status:
- View assets notes and reviews.
Click the Register button to complete the registration process. Note: A registered asset can include unapproved tabs.
Completing the Registration Process
- Click Save in the File menu.
Adding a Note to the Asset
- Click Add Note in the Asset Editor File menu. The Add a Note for... dialog is displayed.
- Enter the appropriate information in the text box.
- Click OK. The note is added to the list in the Logs section on the asset's Administration tab. (It may be necessary to click the Refresh button in the Logs section.)
For more information about using the Asset Editor, see Oracle Fusion Middleware User Guide for Oracle Enterprise Repository User Guide.
Copyright (c) 2007, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.