Install the Adapter
The following instructions describe the basic tasks required to install the adapter. Refer to
your system installation or service manual for specific PCIe installation instructions.
- Halt and power off your system.
- Power off all of the peripherals connected to your system.
- Open the system unit.
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap to the chassis of the server.
- Remove the slot cover from the chassis.
- Holding the adapter by the edges, align the adapter edge connector with the
- Slide the adapter face plate into the small slot at the end of
the PCIe opening.
- Applying even pressure at both corners of the adapter, push the adapter until
it is firmly seated in the slot.
Caution - Do not use excessive force when installing the adapter into the PCIe slot.
You might damage the adapter's PCIe connector. If the adapter does not seat
properly when you apply even pressure, remove the adapter, and carefully reinstall it.
- Detach the wrist strap and close the system unit.
- Connect the cables to the ports.
- Power on the system.