Install the ExpressModule
The following instructions describe the basic steps required to install the EM. You can
install the EM on a powered-on system using a hot-swap procedure, as well
as from powered-off system.
Note - To maintain proper cooling for the EM in your chassis, all EM slots
must be filled with either operating EMs or filler panels.
- Halt and power off your system.
- Power off any peripherals connected to your system.
- Remove the filler panel from the ExpressModule opening.
- Open the latch on the EM.
- Align the EM with the vacant EM slot and slide it into the
slot until the ejector lever engages and starts to close.
Caution - Failure to align the EM correctly can result in damage to the EM's
internal connection to the chassis midplane.
- Swing the ejector lever up until its latch snaps into place.
Caution - Do not use excessive force when installing the EM. You might damage the
EM's connector. If the EM does not seat properly when you apply even
pressure, remove and carefully reinstall the EM.
- Connect cables to the ports.
- Power on the system.
- Power on any peripherals that had been powered down in Step 2.