Update the SLES Operating System Version
This procedure uses YaST to update SLES.
YaST can operate in both text and graphical modes. These directions apply to
Before You Begin
Obtain a Novell Customer Center user name and password, and a SLES product
- Log in as superuser.
- Open the YaST Online Update service:
The YaST user window is displayed.
- If you are behind a network firewall and need to use a proxy
server to access the Internet, configure YaST with the correct proxy information:
- Click the Network Services tab.
- Click the Proxy screen on the right of the display.
- Enter the correct proxy URLs in both the HTTP and HTTPS fields.
- Exit YaST.
- Type the following command:
# rug set-prefs proxy-url proxy URL
where proxy URL is the fully qualified URL of the proxy server. For example:
- Restart YaST.
- To register with the Novell Customer center:
- Click the Software tab.
- Select Novell Customer Center Configuration, and follow the directions.
This requires your Novell Customer Center user name and password, and a SLES
product activation code.
- To perform the software update, select the Online Update tab .