Process of Setting Up Books
To set up books for your company, perform the following tasks:
- Contact Oracle CRM On Demand Customer Care, and ask to have the book functionality turned on for your company.
When Oracle CRM On Demand Customer Care turns on the book functionality for your company, several controls become available to you in Oracle CRM On Demand. For information about verifying that these controls are available, and that the Administrator role has been set up to use books, see Verifying Book Setup for the Administrator Role.
- Design your book structure.
For guidelines about designing your book structure, see About Designing Book Structures.
- (Optional) Create book types and book user roles.
For more information, see Creating Book Types and Book User Roles.
- (Optional) Configure the record ownership mode for record types.
For more information, see About Record Ownership Modes and Configuring Record Ownership Modes.
- Create the books and the book hierarchies.
For more information, see Creating Books and Book Hierarchies.
- Associate users with books.
For more information, see Associating Users with Books.
- Enable books for your company.
For more information, see Enabling Books for Your Company.
- Enable books for users and user roles.
For more information, see Enabling Books for Users and User Roles.
See the following topics for related information about books and book structures: