Administering the Copy Enabled Setting
Most record types in Oracle CRM On Demand have a copy function; that is, users can copy the current record that they are using.
NOTE: When you use the Copy Record button, only the base record is copied, but not the related item child records.
The following restrictions apply when using the copy function:
- Web links, system fields, address fields, calculated and reference fields cannot be copied. The Copy Enabled check box is unavailable for these items.
- Read-only fields cannot be copied. Read-only fields are fields that were set as read-only in the field setup or in fields layout.
- Fields that are unavailable on a user’s form layout cannot be copied.
This topic describes how to specify which fields you can copy by using the Copy button in record detail pages in Oracle CRM On Demand.
To specify which fields can be copied using the Copy button
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click the Admin global link.
- In the Application Customization section, click the Application Customization link.
- In the Record Type Setup section, click the record type for which you want to enable the copy function.
- In the Field Management section, click the setup link for the record type field.
A list of the fields for the specified record type field is displayed.
- Find the field that you want to edit, and click the Edit link.
NOTE: If you want to copy associations, you must select the association picklist, and not the association ID. All fields related to this association are automatically copied when the association picklist is set to Copy Enabled.
- Select the Copy Enabled check box.
- Click Save.
These changes take effect the next time that the user logs in to Oracle CRM On Demand.