Processes for Administering Oracle CRM On Demand
The Administrator pages in Oracle CRM On Demand allow you to manage the deployment of Oracle CRM On Demand to your users and the setting up of your data requirements. Using the Administrator pages, you can customize the appearance of Oracle CRM On Demand to meet your specific business requirements. Use the following guidelines to manage your deployment of Oracle CRM On Demand:
- Review all available resources.
Before you set up a new Oracle CRM On Demand deployment, review the following resources:
- Read the Oracle CRM On Demand Administrator Preview Guide. This guide is available to all company administrators and provides information on how to enable functionality in Oracle CRM On Demand. For more information on how to access the Oracle CRM On Demand Administrator Preview Guide, click the Training and Support link in Oracle CRM On Demand.
- Review the additional tools, templates, checklists, Web seminars, and guides by clicking the Training and Support link in Oracle CRM On Demand.
- Enroll in the Administration Essentials course offered by Oracle University.
- Evaluate your business processes and the roles that users play within your organization.
Review the Oracle CRM On Demand Administrator Rollout Guide available on My Oracle Support. Download and use the Custom Field Setup Template to plan your deployment properly from the start. The Custom Field Setup Template is available in the Tools and Templates page in the Training and Support Center in My Oracle Support.
- Define data visibility and how the data will be secured by considering the following factors and functionality:
- Define the data model and relevant fields. Evaluate which reports require trend analysis, real-time trend analysis, and the record types that they support.
- Define the following processes associated with validating and interacting with data:
- Define Customer Test Environments (CTEs) and any additional environments for training and testing.
- Set up your company.
Each company is unique. In Oracle CRM On Demand, you can customize many company settings so that they match your business setup.
- Set up your user profiles.
Users in a company have specific roles and responsibilities. Some users have access to certain data, while others do not. Before adding these users, set up the visibility and role for each type of user.
- Configure the data model, for example, add or rename fields, record types, and so on.
Data requirements are also unique in a company. In Oracle CRM On Demand you can add new fields to existing record types, rename fields to match your business terms, or add new custom record types. Before you start to add data, do the following:
- Provide information about business metrics by generating reports.
Use the Reports functionality in Oracle CRM On Demand to generate custom reports that are relevant to your business needs, and then make them accessible to users. For more information on reports, see About Reports.
- Import your data and users.
Use the import functionality to import legacy data to Oracle CRM On Demand. You can import all of your users, or add them all manually through the User Management page. When users have been added, they receive an email with their temporary password to access Oracle CRM On Demand, and they can start working immediately. For more information on importing data, see Import and Export Tools.