Setting Up Default Books by Record Type for a User
You can determine which book a user sees by default in the Book selector for each record type. The setting on the user record does not limit the user’s access to records: the user can select a different book in the Book selector.
The following procedure describes how to set up default books by record type for a user.
To set up default books by record type for a user
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click the Admin global link.
- In the User Management and Access Controls section, click the User Management and Access Controls link.
- On the User Management and Access Controls page, click User Management.
- On the User List page, click the Last Name link for the user whose default books you want to set up.
- On the User Detail page, scroll down to the Default Book by Record Type section, and do one of the following:
- Click New to add a default book for a record type.
- Click the Edit link for the default book that you want to change.
- In the Add Default Book by Record Type page, select the record type and the book setting.
- Save your changes.