Changing the Order of Workflow Rule Actions
If there is more than one action on a workflow rule, the actions are performed in the order specified on the workflow rule, starting with the action numbered 1. Each action is completed before the next action starts. You can change the order of the actions on a rule.
To change the order of the actions on a workflow rule
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click the Admin global link.
- In the Business Process Management section, click Workflow Configuration.
- On the Workflow Rules List page, find the rule where you want to change the order of the actions.
For information about searching for workflow rules in the list page, see Filtering Lists.
- Click the Workflow Name link on the rule.
- In the Actions title bar on the Workflow Rule Detail page, click the Edit Order button.
- On the Edit Action Order page, use the directional arrows to change the order of the actions.
NOTE: If there is an Update Values action on the rule, then it must be preceded by at least one active Wait action on the rule unless the trigger event for the workflow rule is Before Modified Record Saved.
- Click Save to save your changes.
See the following topics for related workflow information: