Configuring the Offline Client
This topic describes how to configure the download settings of the Oracle Offline On Demand using the System Information Page.
To configure the system information for the Offline Client
- Open the Offline client.
- Click Help, and then Information to open the System Information page.
- Use the following information to configure your system requirements:
- User Sign ID. The Oracle CRM On Demand sign-in used during the last successful download or upload. This field is automatically populated.
- Single Sign-On ID. Enter your Single Sign-On ID. Populate this field only if your company is using Single Sign-On for Oracle CRM On Demand.
- Authentication Type. Select one of the following types of sign-in the Offline client must use:
- User Sign-In. Offline client prompts the user to enter the standard Oracle CRM On Demand sign-in and password credentials. This is the default setting.
- User Sign-In/Single Sign-On. Offline client prompts the user to select the type of sign-in to use for each upload and download request.
- Single Sign-On. Offline client prompts the user to enter the credentials for a Single Sign-On sign-in.
- Save Download Settings. Select True from the menu if you want Offline client to save the primary record list and the appointments and tasks settings in subsequent downloads. If you select True, the settings are saved for your next successful download. If you select False, the Offline client prompts you to select a primary record list each time that you request a download of data.
NOTE: If the saved primary record type list is renamed or deleted, Oracle CRM On Demand prompts you to select a new list for your next download request.
- List Downloaded. This is the last successfully downloaded primary record type list selected in the Download to Offline Client window. This setting is read-only.
- Appointments and Tasks Downloaded. This is the last successfully downloaded appointments and tasks setting selected in the Download to Offline Client window. This setting is read-only.
- Enable Log. Select True before you download or upload data in order to generate a log file for Customer Care.
NOTE: The following properties in the System Information page are read-only: Download Time, On Demand Server, Protocol, Offline Version, Build Version, Operating System, Excel Version, Proxy Server Login, Proxy Server Password, and Download Timeout.
- Click Home to return to the Offline client.