Applying Formatting to Interactive Dashboards
In the dashboard editor in Oracle CRM On Demand Answers, a formatting dialog box provides access to and control over the visual attributes of dashboards. Depending on the object that you are formatting, the dialog box displays different options, such as font, cell, and border controls, background color, and additional formatting options, such as cell padding. The formatting affects the visual appearance of the columns and sections on a dashboard, such as background color and borders.
When selections for horizontal and vertical alignment appear, they are similar to text justification selections in word processors. Vertical alignment does not have any impact unless the column spans multiple rows of the other columns.
Before you begin. To create and edit interactive dashboards, your role must include the Manage Dashboards privilege.
To apply formatting to an interactive dashboard
- Navigate to the dashboard editor.
For information on navigating to the dashboard editor, see Navigating to the Dashboard Editor.
- In the Dashboard Editor page, click the Properties button for a column or section and choose the Column Properties or Format Section option.
- In the Font area, make your selections for the font family, size, color, style (such as bold), and any effects that you want to apply (such as underlining).
NOTE: For some items, this option is not available.
- In the Cell area, set up the alignment and background color.
NOTE: For horizontal alignment, the most common justification for text data is left. For numeric data, the most common justification is right.
Vertical alignment does not have any impact unless the column spans multiple rows of other columns.
- In the Border area, make your selections for the border position, color, and style of the cell.
TIP: You can select or deselect custom borders by clicking the top, bottom, left, and right borders near the Position drop-down list.
- To format spacing within the cell, click Additional Formatting Options and specify values for the width and height of the cell contents, and the space above, below, left and right of the contents.
Values are specified in pixels.
- To override the style and class elements specified in Oracle CRM On Demand Answers style sheets, make your selections in the Custom CSS Style Options area:
- Click the settings that you want to use.
- Provide the location of the class, style, or style sheet.
NOTE: The advanced style formatting options are for users who know how to work with cascading style sheets.
- Click OK.