You cannot delete a user. Instead, you need to make the user inactive. You do not need licenses for inactive users.
Before you begin. To perform this procedure, your role must include the Manage Users and Access privilege.
To deactivate a user
- In the upper right corner of any page, click the Admin global link.
- In the User Management and Access Controls section, click the User Management and Access Controls link.
- On the User Management and Access Controls page, click the User Management link.
- On the User List page, click the Last Name link for the user you want to remove from the system.
- On the User Detail page, click the Edit button.
- On the User Edit page, in the Key User Information section, select Inactive in the Status field.
- Save the record.