Enabling Vehicle Association on Service Requests
The default service request layout does not display vehicle association. However, your company administrator can configure a custom service request page layout by completing the following procedure.
To display vehicle association on a service requests record
- From any page, click Admin, click Application Customization, click Service Requests, and click Service Request Page Layout.
- In the Page Layout list, do one of the following:
- In Step 1 Layout Name, enter a name for the layout and a description (optional).
- In Step 2 Field Setup, select the field characteristics as necessary.
- In Step 3 Field Layout, make sure that the Vehicle field is available on the Service Request Page Layout.
- Click Finish to exit the Wizard.
You now must assign the new custom layout to a user role, using the Role Management Wizard.
- Click Admin, click User Management and Access Controls, then click Role Management:
- Find the role to which you want to assign the custom service request page layout, and click Edit.
- In Step 6 of the wizard, change the Page Layout Name to the custom service request page layout for the service request record.
- Click Finish to exit the wizard.
NOTE: By enabling Vehicle association, you can also update the Vehicle Search page layout to alter the association selection that a user sees. For more information, see Managing Search Layouts.