Installing the Offline Client
All users except those with the Service Representative or Service Manager roles have the Enable Offline Access privilege enabled by default, to allow them to install Oracle Offline On Demand (the Offline client) on their desktop or laptop computer. Your company administrator can set up the Service Representative and Service Manager roles with the privilege required to install the Offline client using role management.
Before you begin. Make sure your computer meets the system requirements specified for Oracle Offline On Demand in Oracle CRM On Demand. For information on how to check the system requirements, see Working with Other Applications.
To install the Offline client
- Sign in to Oracle CRM On Demand.
- Click the MySetup link at the top of any page.
- On the Personal Homepage, click the Data & Integration Tools link.
- On the Data & Integration Tools page, click the Oracle Offline On Demand link.
- On the Oracle Offline On Demand page, read the information, and then click the Download Oracle Offline On Demand link.
- On the second Oracle Offline On Demand page, read the additional information, and then click the Download Oracle Offline On Demand link.
- In the window, you can:
- Click Save to copy the Offline_OnDemand.exe file to your hard drive to install while you are offline. (Recommended)
- Click Run to begin the installation. You need to stay connected to the Internet to continue with the installation.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- If you copy the file, open the Offline_OnDemand.exe file.
- If you receive a message about enabling macros when opening Offline_OnDemand.xls, make sure you enable macros and select the option to always trust macros from Oracle.
If you have problems opening the Offline client when using Excel 2007, do the following:
- If you receive compatibility errors. Open Microsoft Excel. In the Excel window, click Open file, and select Offline Client in the application window.
- If you see a run-time error on the screen, or if the Offline client is open, but you cannot see it. Do the following:
- Close the Offline client.
- Click the main Excel menu at the top of the screen.
- Select Excel Options.
The Excel Options window opens.
- Select Trust Center in the navigation pane.
- Click Trust Center Settings.
The Trust Center Settings window opens.
- Click ActiveX Settings in the navigation pane.
- Select Enable all controls without restrictions and without prompting.
- Click Macro Settings in the navigation pane.
- Select Disable all macros except digitally signed macros.
- Click OK, and close Microsoft Excel.
- Open the Offline client.