Process of Setting Up Lead Conversion
To set up lead conversion and rejection settings for your users and record types, perform the following tasks:
- If you want to map additional fields during lead conversion, set up the new mappings.
For more information on mapping fields, see Mapping Additional Fields During Lead Conversion.
- If you want to customize the layout of the Convert Lead page:
- Create the new layouts.
For more information on creating layouts, see Creating Lead Conversion Layouts.
- Add the new layouts to the appropriate roles.
For more information on adding roles, see Adding Roles.
- Make sure that the users have the appropriate access to record types and the appropriate privileges in their role.
For more information about the settings that are required for converting leads, see Access Profile and Role Settings for Converting Leads.
- If you want to edit the values in the Reject Code picklist, edit the field values.
For more information on editing field values, see Creating and Editing Fields. For more information about the Reject Code picklist, see Reject Code for Leads.