Process of Handling Leads
To handle leads, perform the following tasks:
- Set up lead assignment rules, see About Assignment Rules and Setting Up Assignment Rules.
- Set up lead conversion rules, see Leads and Mapping Additional Fields During Lead Conversion.
- Set up lead conversion layouts, see Creating Lead Conversion Layouts.
- Create lead qualification scripts, see Using Lead Qualification Scripts.
- Qualify the lead, see Qualifying Leads.
- Convert or reject the lead.
You can convert leads to account, contact, deal registration, or opportunity records, see Converting Leads to Accounts, Contacts, Deal Registrations, or Opportunities. If you decide that a lead is not valuable, you can remove it from the lead management process, see Rejecting Leads.