Managing List Access and List Order
For each record type you can specify the lists that are available for each role, and the order in which the lists are displayed on the record type's Homepage.
You can create a new layout for only those roles that you have not already customized. You can also edit or delete existing layouts. You cannot manage the list access and order for a user’s private lists.
Before you begin:
Because you must select a role that this customization applies to, set up all your roles before starting this procedure. To perform this procedure, your role must include the Customize Application privilege, and the Manage Public Lists and Role Management privileges.
To create or modify list access
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click the Admin global link.
- In the Application Customization section, click Application Customization.
- In the Record Type Setup section, click the link for the required record type.
- In the List Access and Order section, click the record type List Access and Order link.
- In the List Order Layout page, do one of the following:
- Click Edit or Copy to modify an existing layout.
- Click the New Layout button to create a new layout.
- If you are creating a new layout, select a role from the Role Name drop-down list.
Only roles that do not already have an associated layout are available in the drop-down list.
- Move lists between the All Lists, Lists Available for this Role, and Show in Short List lists as required.
- All Lists contains all the lists for the record type, apart from private lists.
- Lists Available for this Role contains all the lists available for the role that you select.
- Show in Short List contains the lists displayed in the List section in the Homepage for the record type, and the drop-down menu in the record type view.
- Rearrange the order of the lists as required using the up and down directional arrows.
- Click Save.