About Opportunity Teams
For some record types, such as accounts, contacts, and opportunities, you can allow a team of users to share a record. To allow a user to share a record, you first add the user to the team for the selected record. Then you specify the access level the user has to the record, and to specified linked records.
Note the following points regarding opportunity teams, account teams, and access to opportunity records:
- If you check the Enable Parent Team Inheritance check box on the Company Profile page, account team members are added to an opportunity team automatically when the opportunity is linked to the account. (Similarly, account team members can automatically become members of a contact team when the contact is linked to an account.)
- If you do not want a user to be added to the opportunity team automatically when the opportunity record is linked to an account, make sure that the Enable Parent Team Inheritance check box on the Company Profile page is not selected. This option prevents the account team member from being added to the opportunity team automatically.
You can add users to opportunity teams in the following ways:
- By clicking the Add Users button on the Record Detail page.
- By using Assignment Manager. For more information, see About Assignment Rules.
- By using groups. For more information, see Group Management.
To ensure that a user does not have access to opportunities linked to an account, you must ensure that the user is not given access through one or more of the following methods:
- The user is not on the opportunity team.
- The user does not have a subordinate who is on the opportunity team.
- The user has not been delegated by another user who has access to opportunities.
- The opportunity is not in a book where the user is a member, or in any of its subbooks.
- The user does not have access to the opportunity records from the role settings.
- The access level of the record type for the account related opportunity is set to any option except the following: No Access or Inherit Primary.