Approving Claims for MDF Requests
An approver can approve a market development fund (MDF) claim and offer a credit to the partner. Only one level of approval is currently supported for MDF claims.
Before you begin. The submission status of the MDF claim must be set to Claim Submitted before you can approve it.
To approve a claim for an MDF request
- Select the MDF request for which you want to approve a claim from the All MDF Requests section on the MDF Request homepage.
For information on selecting MDF requests, see Finding Records.
- On the MDF Request Detail page, click the Edit button.
- On the MDF Request Edit page, enter the amount in the Total Claim Amount Approved field.
- Select Claim Approved from the Claim Status field. Then click Save.
When you change the approval status to Approved, the following occurs:
- Oracle CRM On Demand validates that the total claim amount approved does not exceed the approval limit set for the approver and that the approval does not result in a negative fund balance. If the validation fails, an appropriate error message is generated.
- The claim decision date is set to the current date on Oracle CRM On Demand.
- A workflow rules sends the appropriate email notifications.
When the claim is approved, it debits the fund associated with the MDF request.