Approving MDF Requests
An approver can pre-approve a MDF request and allocate funds to the requested marketing activity. Currently, approval routing for MDF requests is a manual process and only one level of approval is supported.
NOTE: You can achieve multilevel approval when each approver in the approval chain updates the Approver field for the next approver in the chain.
Before you begin. The submission status of the MDF request must be set to Submitted before you can approve it.
To approve an MDF request
- Select the MDF request that you want to approve from the All MDF Requests section on the MDF Request homepage.
For information on selecting MDF requests, see Finding Records.
- On the MDF Request Detail page, click the Edit button.
- On the MDF Request Edit page, enter an amount in the Amount PreApproved field.
- Select Approved from the Approval Status field. Then click Save.
When you change the approval status to Approved, the following occurs:
- Oracle CRM On Demand validates that the submission status value is Submitted. If the submission status is any other value, the validation fails and an appropriate error message is generated.
- Oracle CRM On Demand validates that the amount preapproved does not exceed the approval Limit set for the current approver and that the approval does not result in a negative fund balance. If the validation fails, an appropriate error message is generated.
- The Last Approved By field changes to the current user. The Current Approver field is not updated.
- The preapproval date changes to the current date on Oracle CRM On Demand.
- A workflow creates a new task to track the approval action
- A workflow sends the appropriate email notifications.
After the MDF request has been approved, it becomes read-only, and further updates to it are not permitted except when submitting a related claim or extending the expiration date.