Approving Special Pricing Requests
Depending on the business processes for your company, more than one person within your company might be required to approve a special pricing request. Currently, approval routing is a manual process and only one level of approval is supported. The current approver field must be manually modified to move the special pricing request along the approval chain.
Note: Each approver in the approval chain updates the Approver field, so that multilevel approval takes place.
Before you begin. The submission status of the special pricing request must be set to Submitted before you can approve it.
To approve special pricing requests
- Select the special pricing request that you want to approve from the All Special Pricing Requests section on the Special Pricing Request homepage.
For information on selecting special pricing requests, see Finding Records.
- On the Special Pricing Request Detail page, click the Edit button.
- On the Special Pricing Request Edit page, select Approved from the Approval Status field.
- Click Save.
When you change the approval status to Approved, the following occurs:
- Oracle CRM On Demand validates that the submission status value is set to Submitted. If the submission status is any other value, the validation fails, and an appropriate error message is generated.
- Oracle CRM On Demand validates that the total amount authorized does not exceed the approval limit set for the current approver and that the approval does not result in a negative fund balance. If the validation fails, an appropriate error message is generated.
- Oracle CRM On Demand validates that the Total Amount Authorized is equal to the sum of authorized amounts of all special pricing products. If it is not equal, validation fails and an appropriate error message is issued.
- The Last Approved By field changes to the current user. The current Approver field is not updated.
- The authorized date changes to the current date on Oracle CRM On Demand.
- A workflow rule creates a new task to track the approval action.
- A workflow rule sends the appropriate email notifications
After the special pricing request has been approved, it becomes read-only, and further updates to it are not permitted except when submitting a related claim or extending the expiration date.