Rejecting MDF Requests
As a market development fund (MDF) request goes through the approval chain, an approver can reject it if the requested amount for the marketing activity cannot be granted.
Before you begin. The MDF request must have the submission status of Submitted.
To reject a MDF request
- Select the MDF request that you want to reject from the All MDF Requests section on the MDF Request homepage.
For information on selecting MDF requests, see Finding Records.
- On the MDF Request Detail page, click the Edit button.
- On the MDF Request Edit page, select Rejected from the Approval Status field. Then click Save.
When you change the approval status to Rejected and click Save, the following occurs:
- The submission status of the MDF request remains in the Submitted state.
- The date is removed from the Pre-Approval Date field. However, the submitted date remains in the Submitted Date field.
- A task record is created to track the return action of the approver.
- A workflow rule sends the appropriate email notifications.
After the MDF request has been rejected, it becomes read-only for the owner and further updates to it are not permitted.