Rejecting Special Pricing Requests
As a special pricing request goes through the approval chain, an approver can reject the special pricing request if the requested discounts cannot be granted.
Before you begin. The special pricing request must have a submission status of Submitted.
To reject special pricing requests
- Select the special pricing request that you want to reject from the All Special Pricing Requests section on the Special Pricing Request homepage.
For information on selecting special pricing requests, see Finding Records.
- On the Special Pricing Request Detail page, click the Edit button.
- On the Special Pricing Request Edit page, select Rejected from the Approval Status field.
- Click Save.
When you change the approval status to Rejected and click Save, the following occurs:
- The submission status of the special pricing request remains in the Submitted state.
- The date is removed from the Authorized Date field. However, the submitted date remains in the Submitted Date field.
- A workflow rule creates a task record to track the return action of the approver.
- A workflow rule sends the appropriate email notifications.
After the special pricing request has been rejected, it becomes read-only for the owner and further updates to it are not permitted.