Returning MDF Requests
As a market development fund (MDF) request goes through the approval chain, an approver can return it to the owner to make changes or provide additional information.
Before you begin. The MDF request must have the submission status of Submitted.
To return an MDF request
- Select the MDF request that you want to return from the All MDF Requests section on the MDF Request homepage.
For information on selecting MDF requests, see Finding Records.
- On the MDF Request Detail page, click the Edit button.
- On the MDF Request Edit page, select Returned from the Approval Status field. Then click Save.
When you change the approval status to Returned and click Save, the following occurs:
- The submission status of the MDF request is set to Not Submitted.
- The date is removed from the Pre-Approval Date field. However, the submitted date remains in the Submitted Date field.
- A task record is created to track the return action of the approver.
- A workflow rule sends the appropriate email notifications.
The owner of the MDF request can now update the request and resubmit it. For more information on submitting MDF requests, see Submitting MDF Requests for Approval.