Returning Special Pricing Requests
As a special pricing request goes through the approval chain, an approver can return it to the owner to make changes. The approver can provide comments and request additional information from the owner.
Before you begin. The special pricing request must have a submission status of Submitted.
To return special pricing requests
- Select the special pricing request that you want to return from the All Special Pricing Requests section on the Special Pricing Request homepage.
For information on selecting special pricing requests, see Finding Records.
- On the Special Pricing Request Detail page, click the Edit button.
- On the Special Pricing Request Edit page, select Returned from the Approval Status field. Then click Save.
When you change the approval status to Returned and click Save, the following occurs:
- The submission status of the special pricing request is set to Not Submitted.
- The date is removed from the Authorized Date field. However, the submitted date remains in the Submitted Date field.
- A workflow rule creates a task record to track the return action of the approver.
- A workflow rule sends the appropriate email notifications.
The owner of the special pricing request can update the special pricing request, and resubmit it. For more information on submitting special pricing requests, see Submitting Special Pricing Requests for Approval.