Renaming Field Section Titles
On the record Edit and Detail pages, fields are grouped into sections. To use terminology that is familiar to your users, you can rename the titles above groups of fields on your Edit and Detail pages. On the Account Homepage, for example, you can change Key Account Information to Account Profile.
You cannot rename sections on the standard layouts. You must create a new one and rename the sections on the custom layout.
Sections with no fields in them do not appear on the Detail page.
Before you begin. To perform this procedure, your role must include the Customize Application privilege.
To rename a section
- In the upper right corner of any page, click the Admin global link.
- In the Application Customization section, click the Application Customization link.
- In the Record Type Setup section, click the link for the required record type.
- In the Page Layout section, click the required Page Layout link.
- In the record type Page Layout page, click Edit Sections.
- In the Translation Language drop-down list, select the primary language for your company.
- In the Display Name, type in the name you want to use.
- (Optional) To indicate that an updated name needs to be translated to other languages activated for your company, select the Mark for Translation check box.
NOTE: If you want this updated name to appear in other activated languages, select the Mark for Translation check box. In the other languages (or when you choose another language from the Translation drop-down list on this page), the updated name appears in blue text with brackets until you manually enter the translated versions. This helps you track what terms need to be translated.
If you do not select Mark for Translation, the previous display names remain, unaffected by the change you made here.
- To manually enter the translated equivalent of the new name:
- From the Translation Language drop-down list, select the language whose translation you want to enter.
- Enter the translated equivalent in the appropriate Display Name field and click Save.
- Click the link to return to the Fields page you just updated and select the language again, if necessary.
The translated name appears in black text in the Display Name column.