Setting Up Report Folders
You can set up report folders and limit user visibility to those folders. After that, only users granted visibility to certain folders can display them on their Reports Homepage.
Setting up report folders consists of these general steps:
- Create folders and subfolders (in Oracle CRM On Demand Answers).
- Assign user visibility to folders (from the administration pages of Oracle CRM On Demand).
For more information about setting up user visibility, see Setting Up User Visibility to Shared Report Folders.
- Populate folders with reports (in Oracle CRM On Demand Answers).
Note: To perform this procedure, your user role must include the Manage Custom Reports privilege.
To create a report folder
- In Oracle CRM On Demand, click the Reports tab.
- On the Reports Homepage, in the Custom Reports and Analyses section, click Design Analyses to open Oracle CRM On Demand Answers.
- In Oracle CRM On Demand Answers, click Manage Analyses.
- In the Manage Analyses window, select one of these options:
- My Folders. This stores the new folder in your private folder directory.
- Shared Folders. This stores the new folder in the company-wide shared folder.
- If you want to create the folder as a subfolder of another folder, open the parent folder.
- Click Create New Folder.
- Enter the folder name and description.
NOTE: Restrict report folders names to 255 characters or less. Visibility cannot be configured for shared report folders with names greater than 255 characters.
- Click Create Folder.
When a folder is created, it becomes visible on the Reports Homepage. All users with access to the Shared Custom Analyses folder can see the newly created Company Wide Shared folders. If needed, visibility to the shared folder may be restricted by linking user roles to it. If no user roles are linked to the folder, visibility remains public.
If a new folder is created in My Folders, it becomes visible in the My Analyses folder, which is available from the Reports tab of Oracle CRM On Demand. This folder contains private reports only. Other users cannot see them.
For more information, see Setting Up User Visibility to Shared Report Folders.
To rename a folder
- In the Manage Analyses window, in the folder row, click Rename.
- Enter the new name.
- (Recommended) Select Preserve references to old name of this item.
- Click Update.
To delete a folder
- In the Manage Analyses window, in the folder row, click Delete, and then confirm your action.
To populate a report folder with reports