Dropping Samples During a Sales Call
During a sales call, sales representatives take samples from their inventory and drop them to physicians, pharmacists, clinics, hospitals, and other appropriate contacts. The sales representative must do the following:
Before you begin. To drop off samples, request samples, and distribute promotional items during a sales call, your user role must include the Enable Basic Samples Operations privilege.
To drop samples during a sales call
- On the Contacts Homepage, open the contact to whom you want to drop samples.
- On the Contact Detail page in the Calls section, click New Call or Auto Call to add a new line item.
- Clicking New Call brings you to the Call Edit page where you must enter most information manually for the new call record.
Make sure that you specify Call in the Type field. Otherwise, the following related items will not be available to you: Samples Dropped, Promotional Items, Products Detailed.
- Clicking Auto Call brings you to the Call Detail page where the following field data is filled automatically in for the new call record.
- The Status field has a value of Planned.
- The End Date field has a value equal to the Start Date plus 30 minutes.
- The Type field has a value of Call.
- On the Call Edit or Call Detail page, do the following:
- To populate the new call record with information from an existing smart call template, click the Lookup icon next to the Smart Call field, and select the smart call.
- Enter or update the information.
For more information about the fields on the Call Edit and Call Detail page, see Tracking Visits (Sales Calls) to Customers.
- Save the record by doing one of the following:
- Next, do one of the following on the Call Detail page as required:
- When ready, click Submit to submit the call detail information for processing.
For information, see Submitting Call Detail Information for Inventory Tracking.
See the following topics for related information about sample drops: