Scheduling Appointments with Others
When you want to schedule an appointment and notify others of the appointment, follow this sequence:
- Create an appointment.
- Invite contacts and users.
When scheduling appointments with others, the application distinguishes between:
- Contacts. Customers, partners, and so on who are listed in your company information as contact records.
- Users. Oracle CRM On Demand users at your company.
- Check the users’ availability
You can view availability of users, but not contacts, since you do not have access to calendars that reside outside of the application.
NOTE: To perform this step, your user role must include the Share Calendar privilege.
- Send notification of the appointment to all invitees.
To add invitees to the appointment
- Create the appointment; fill in the appointment information, and save the record.
- On the Appointment Detail page, scroll down to the Contacts section and click Add.
NOTE: You might have to add the Contact and User sections to your layout. For instructions, see Changing Your Detail Page Layout.
- In the Lookup window, select an existing contact, or click New and create the contact record.
The selected contacts appear in alphabetical order.
- Click OK.
NOTE: To change which contact appears as the Primary Contact, click the Edit link beside the appointment on the Calendar page. On the Appointment Edit page, click the Lookup icon beside the Primary Contact field, select the new primary contact, and click Save. The primary contact appears in the Calendar summary. The new primary contact is also added to the Contacts section of the Appointment Detail page, if it was not already there.
- On the Appointment Detail page, scroll down to the Users section and click Add.
- In the Lookup window, select the users you want to invite to the appointment.
The list that appears in the Lookup window contains all Oracle CRM On Demand users at your company.
- Click Save.
To check the users’ availability
- On the Appointment Detail page, click User Availability.
For the User Availability button to appear, your user role must include the Share Calendar privilege.
A combined calendar appears showing the list of users and their calendars. Rows for users who have not shared their calendar with you appear as blank bars.
To view information about busy time shown on the calendar, hover over the appointment with your mouse.
- To view the availability on another day, you can:
- Click the arrows in the calendar header to scroll to the next or previous day
- Click the calendar icon in the calendar header
- Update the appointment date and time, if necessary.
- Save the record.
CAUTION: No warning message appears if you create an overlapping appointment.
To send an email notification to the invitees (contacts and users)
- On the Appointment Detail page, click Send Email.
- An email opens with this information: