Updating User Access and the Manage Addresses Privilege Before Turning Off Shared Addresses
Before turning off shared addresses, company administrators must do the following:
- Modify users' access to address records to read.
- Remove the Manage Addresses privilege from user roles
Before you begin. You must be a company administrator who can use the Access Profile Wizard and the Role Management Wizard.
To update user access profiles before turning off shared addresses
- Set the access level for the Address record type as follows:
- Click Admin, User management and Access, and then Access Profile.
- Click the Edit menu item for the access profile for your users.
- In Step 2 of the Access Profile Wizard, set the access level for the Address record type to Read, and click Finish.
- Turn off the Manage Addresses privilege as follows:
- Click Admin, User management and Access, and then Role Management.
- Click the Edit menu item for the role name for your users.
- In Step 4 of the Role Management Wizard, deselect the Manage Addresses privilege.
- Sign out of Oracle CRM On Demand, and then sign in to Oracle CRM On Demand to ensure that the changes take effect.
- Turn off the Enable Shared Addresses setting in the company profile as follows:
- Click Admin, Company Administration, and then Company Profile.
- Deselect the Enable Shared Addresses setting.
- Sign out of Oracle CRM On Demand, and then sign in to Oracle CRM On Demand to ensure that the change takes effect.
For more information about specifying access level types by using the Access Profile Wizard, see Specifying Access Levels for Primary Record Types. For more information about specifying privileges for a user's role by using the Role Management Wizard, see Role Management.