Setting the Address Type for Unshared Addresses Using Edit Rel
You can set the address type for an unshared address by using the Edit Rel (Edit Relationship) menu item on the record-level menu for an unshared address. The Edit Relationship feature enables a company administrator to customize aspects of the address records (for example, field and page layouts) without having the shared address functionality enabled for users.
The following are some of the characteristics of the Edit Rel menu item:
- In the default Edit page, all fields are read-only except for the Address Type field. Other custom fields that are not read-only might be available on the Edit page if it has been customized.
- If the Enable Shared Addresses setting is selected, then the Edit Rel menu item is unavailable on the record-level menu for the Addresses section. In this case, a user can use the Edit page to edit the Billing, Shipping, or Primary settings and can select a different address.
- If the Enable Shared Addresses setting is deselected, and the user has the Manage Addresses privilege and the Has Access permission to the top-level Address record, clicking New or Edit on the record-level menu on the Addresses section takes the user to the top-level Address new or edit view.
Before you begin. The Enable Shared Addresses setting is deselected, and the Manage Addresses privilege is selected.
To set the address type for unshared addresses by using the Edit Rel menu item
- In the Detail page for an account, contact, dealer, or partner record, navigate to the Addresses related information section.
- From the record-level menu, choose Edit Rel.
- From the picklist for the type, select the address type.
The following are the address types that are available by default: Residential, Office, Vacation Home, Other, Vanity, Private, Postal, Hospital, and Clinic.