Reviewing Security-Related Activities for Users
You can review details of security-related activities in the Audit section of the user record.
About the Audit and Audit Trail Sections on User Records
Audit information is displayed in two related information sections on the user record, as follows:
- Audit section. The Audit section shows information about security-related activities, such as when the user's password was set initially and when the password was reset.
- Audit Trail section. The Audit Trail section on the user record shows the changes to certain fields on the user record. A number of fields are audited by default, but company administrators can specify that additional fields are to be audited. Company administrators can also view audit trail information for users in the Master Audit Trail. For information about customizing audit trails for record types, see Customizing the Audit Trail. For information about viewing audit trails for individual records, see Viewing Audit Trails for Records. For information about viewing audit trail information in the Master Audit Trail, see Reviewing Audit Trail Changes with the Master Audit Trail.
Before you begin. To perform the following procedure, your role must include the Manage Users and Access privilege.
To review security-related activities for a user
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click the Admin global link.
- In the User Management and Access Controls section, click the User Management and Access Controls link.
- On the User Management and Access Controls page, click the User Management link.
- On the User List page, click the Last Name link for the user that you want to view.
- Scroll down to the Audit section to review details of the security-related activities on the user record.