Deleting Instances from the Workflow Monitor
You can delete instances of workflow actions from the Workflow Monitor one at a time. You can also delete multiple pending instances at the same time, by creating a filtered list of the instances and using the batch delete facility. The batch delete facility is not available for error instances.
Workflow error instances are retained in the error instances list of the Workflow Monitor for three months or until you delete them, whichever comes first.
For information about what is recorded and displayed on the Workflow Monitor, see Workflow Monitor and Workflow Instance Fields
NOTE: When you delete a pending instance of a Wait action from the workflow monitor, the workflow rule instance is terminated, and none of the remaining actions on the workflow rule are performed.
Before you begin: To use the Workflow Monitor, your user role must have the Manage Data Rules - Manage Workflow Rules privilege.
The following procedure describes how to delete an instance from the Workflow Monitor.
To delete an instance from the Workflow Monitor
- On the Workflow Monitor page, if the instance you want to view is not displayed in the Error Instances list or the Pending Instances list, click Show All in the appropriate list.
- In the Error Instances List page or the Pending Instances List page, filter the list to find the instance you want, as follows:
- Click a letter in the Alpha bar to show only workflow instances where the workflow name begins with that letter.
- Type characters in the text field, and click Go to find workflow instances where the workflow name begins with those characters.
- Click a column header to sort records based on the values in that column. An arrow next to the column header indicates which column the sort is based on, and whether it is sorted in ascending or descending order. By default, records are searched using the left-most column as the search key.
- Click Delete for the instance you want to delete.
The following procedure describes how to delete a list of pending instances from the Workflow Monitor.
To delete a list of pending instances
- If you have not already done so, create the list of pending instances that you want to delete.
For more information, see Viewing Pending and Error Workflow Instances.
- In the Pending Instances List page, click Menu and select Batch Delete.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to proceed.
- On the Batch Delete Queue page, click Proceed in the Active Requests section.
NOTE: If you do not click Proceed, the records are not deleted.
TIP: You can return to the Batch Delete Queue page at any time by clicking the Admin global link, and then clicking Batch Delete Queue on the Admin Homepage.
- To review the log file for the delete operation, in the Batch Delete Queue page, click Log in the Processed Requests section.
For more information about using the Workflow Monitor, see:
See the following topic for related information about workflow rules: