Oracle Business Intelligence
Many IT environments use multiple applications and multiple data sources, making it challenging to:
- Automate business processes across applications
- Modify business processes
- Make relevant business insight
- Provide access across applications
When Oracle Business Intelligence is used in conjunction with SOA composite applications, your organization can meet these challenges. Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Business Intelligence enable business analysts to:
- Gain insight from monitor and analyze business-process data. Oracle BAM provides visibility of in-flight BPEL processes and Oracle Business Intelligence shows the business impact of process performance by integrating application and process data and providing ad-hoc analysis and reporting.
- Take action from the dashboards, alerts, and reports provided by Oracle Business Intelligence. For example, a BI dashboard can initiate a BPEL process.
- Orientate business processes towards business goals. You can design a BPEL process to leverage business metrics in Oracle Business Rules and generate, access, and deliver business intelligence reports.
Specifically, Oracle Business Intelligence helps answer key business questions by providing the following output to business analysts:
- Production reports support all document types, such as invoices, checks, statements, and government forms.
- Financial reports provide formatted financial statements and built-in financial intelligence.
- Ad-hoc queries enable business users to create and modify charts, picots, and dashboards.
- Interactive dashboards provide dynamic, event-driven guided analytics for leading business analysts from insight to action.
- Detections and alerts provide notifications to any device in multiple formats, such as PDF reports and Briefing Books.
- Microsoft Office output provides dynamic updates across applications.
- Disconnected and mobile analytics provide offline reports and dashboards to PDAs, phones, and laptops
- Desktop gadgets provide collaboration through report sharing, chatting, and discussion.