Administer Oracle WebCenter Portal: Spaces
As an Oracle Fusion Middleware administrator, you can perform the complete range of security-sensitive administrative duties for all of WebCenter Portal's components, as well as all installation, configuration, and audit tasks. The Oracle Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Control Console organizes a wide variety of performance data and administrative functions into distinct, web-based home pages. These home pages make it easy to locate the most important monitoring data and the most commonly used administrative functions for any WebCenter component: all from your web browser. Typical administration tasks performed through the Control Console include:
- Stop and start Oracle WebCenter Portal: Spaces.
- Configure back-end services to .
- Maintain external applications and datasources (such as content repositories, external applications, and portlet producers).
- Configure the identity store to allow for enterprise single sign-on.
- Configure global options, such as , and others .
- Import and export spaces and space templates, or an entire Spaces application, to enable back up or to move content between Oracle WebCenter Portal: Framework applications and stage or production environments.
- Use log files to identify and diagnose issues or problems.
- Analyze the performance of Spaces and monitor its current status through Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Within Oracle WebCenter Portal: Spaces, the highest application privileges are given to the Spaces administrator
. To administer and monitor Spaces, the Spaces administrator can view and modify every aspect of the application, including:
- Modify application-wide settings:
- Manage users and roles:
- Manage personal pages: .
- Manage business role and system pages:
- Maintain portlet producers and external applications:
- Manage Spaces and Space templates: