Oracle WebCenter Sites 11gR1 | Content Integration Platform for EMC Documentum Release Notes
Copyright © 2012, Oracle and/or its affiliates. Allrights reserved.
These release notes contain descriptions of new features, changes in functionality, known problems, and other last-minute information about Oracle WebCenter Sites 11gR1 | Content Integration Platform for EMC Documentum. For the latest release notes, check the Oracle e-delivery website. For the latest release notes and additional information, contact Oracle Technical Support.
Description of change
January 31, 2012
Rebranded release as Oracle WebCenter Sites 11gR1 | Content Integration Platform for EMC Documentum
Aug 24, 2011
CIP 2.0.2 Release
June 15, 2011
CIP 2.0.1 Release
June 29, 2009
CIP 2.0 Release
The Content Integration Platform for EMC Documentum package includes the platform specific binaries, sample flex family and workflows and release notes. The document set provides documentation for different kinds of users. Updates to product documentation, as they are made, are posted to the Oracle Support site. For a description of the documents, please refer to the Documentation Notes link on the site. Check the site regularly for the latest set.
This release includes the capability to publish data from:
· EMC Documentum to Oracle WebCenter Sites (formerly known as FatWire Content Server)
· Oracle WebCenter Sites (formerly known as FatWire Content Server) to EMC Documentum - web content, the following asset types are supported:
o Basic Assets
o Flex Parents and Flex Assets
o Page Assets
o Static List Recommendations
· Oracle WebCenter Sites 11gR1 | Community (User Generated data for comments and reviews) to EMC Documentum
· Content Integration Platform integrates with
o Content Server 7.5 Patch 4+
o EMC Documentum 6.5 SP3
· There are two properties
in catalog.xml that can be used to change the amount of data that is processed
in one batch sent from your source system to the Content Server target, these
maxItemsPerSet indicates the amount of files that will be processed in each batch - the default value is 16
maxTotalSize indicates the total size of the batch that will be processed at once - the default value is 32mb in bytes
Depending on your system performance and the amount of data that you are publishing through CIP, you can change these numbers to suit your needs.
sync must be enabled for CIP to work correctly with Content Server: ft.sync in futuretense.ini must be appropriately set
· The ThreadPoolCapacity should be increased in the replication section in facilities.xml to achieve parallel performance while publishing more than one publication. The value should be equal to or less than the number of publications.
· Content not originating in FatWire Content Server is not archived
· Oracle WebCenter Sites: Community assets must be published so that CIP can archive them to Documentum. A sample event is provided as part of the product download to automate this process. "Approval Event Package for UGC Assets" is located in the \Misc directory.
· Assets are created in Content Server based on the default permissions set. Site users, except site administrators should have read-only access to the replicated content. This can be achieved by setting permissions to the top-most parent assets.
· Required attributes in Content Server definitions will need to be mapped.
· The Content Server Site must be created prior to initializing the publication. The synchronization process will fail if the site does not exist.
· Schema replication will not be automatically performed. Corresponding asset types, definitions and attributes must be created in Content Server
· Changes to the mapping will only take place after a restart of the agent.
· CIP will publish the latest version of a document
· User replication is not supported.
· Stopping csagentservices stops all processes from running, at this time, stopping a specific process is not possible.
· The synchronization interval is set in seconds with possible values from 1 to 2147483648
· If assets are revision tracked or have associations, issuing the unpublish command will not unpublish the checked out or associated assets, they must be manually removed from Content Server. Implementing workflow events will provide notification of assets that failed to delete. This will also be the case should assets fail to delete due to any other errors, for example, loss of connection, etc..
· Prior to using the "cipcommander unpublish all" command, you should change the bulk synchronization value for each link to 0 to ensure that during this unpublishing process, the resynchronization does not take place which would result in the deleted assets being republished.
· Document names that are longer than 64 characters will be truncated to the first 64 characters when published to Content Server
· Documentum v6 web services layer (DFS) must be running for CIP to operate correctly
· Documentum virtual documents are not supported with this release.
· Documentum document renditions are not supported with this release; they will not be synchronized or published.
· Documentum document names will appear in Content Server with the extension repeated. For example, file1.doc.doc this does not affect functionality