Oracle WebCenter Sites 11gR1 | Content Integration Platform Release Notes
Copyright © 2012, Oracle and/or its affiliates. Allrights reserved.
These release notes contain descriptions of new features, changes in functionality, known problems, and other last-minute information about Oracle WebCenter Sites 11gR1 | Content Integration Platform. For the latest release notes and additional information, contact Oracle Technical Support
Description of change
January 31, 2012
Rebranded release as Oracle WebCenter Sites 11gR1 | Content Integration Platform
June 15, 2011
CIP 1.5.1 Release
March 23, 2010
added #22711 to Known Issues
September 14, 2009
added #21036 to Known Issues
The Content Integration Platform package includes the platform specific binaries, sample flex family and workflows and release notes. The document set provides documentation for different kinds of users. Updates to product documentation, as they are made, are posted to the Oracle Support site. For a description of the documents, please refer to the Documentation Notes link on the site. Check the site regularly for the latest set.
· Content Integration Platform integrates with
o Content Server 7.0.3 Patch 6+
o Content Server 7.6 Patch 1+
· csagentservices should not be deployed to the same server as CS, a separate AppServer instance should be used
are two properties in catalog.xml that can be used to change the amount of data
that is processed in one batch sent from your source system to the Content
Server target, these properties are:
maxItemsPerSet indicates the amount of files that will be processed in each batch - the default value is 16
maxTotalSize indicates the total size of the batch that will be processed at once - the default value is 32mb in bytes
Depending on your system performance and the amount of data that you are publishing through CIP, you can change these numbers to suit your needs.
For WebSphere installs the following should be noted:
· This release includes sample workflows that can be applied to keep up to date on changes to the assets that are created using CIP to Content Server
· Revision Tracking of asset types in Content Server that will contain assets published using Content Integration Platform is now supported with this release.
· This release includes a new Java connector API to provide capability to create custom data connectors see the document "Creating a Java Connector and Plug-in" for additional details
Oracle WebCenter Sites 11gR1 | Content Integration Platform Limitations:
· Content Integration Platform only supports Flex Assets, the synchronization process will fail if attempted for Basic Assets
· Assets are created in Content Server based on the default permissions set. Site users, except site administrators should have read-only access to the replicated content. This can be achieved by setting permissions to the top-most parent assets.
· Required attributes in Content Server definitions will need to be mapped.
· The Content Server Site must be created prior to initializing the publication. The synchronization process will fail if the site does not exist.
· Schema replication will not be automatically performed. Corresponding asset types, definitions and attributes must be created in Content Server
· Changes to the mapping will only take place after a restart of the agent.
· CIP will publish the latest version of a document
· User replication is not supported.
· Stopping csagentservices stops all processes from running, at this time, stopping a specific process is not possible.
· The synchronization interval is set in seconds with possible values from 1 to 2147483648
· If assets are revision tracked or have associations, issuing the unpublish command will not unpublish the checked out or associated assets, they must be manually removed from Content Server. Implementing workflow events will provide notification of assets that failed to delete. This will also be the case should assets fail to delete due to any other errors, for example, loss of connection, etc..
· Prior to using the "cipcommander unpublish all" command, you should change the bulk synchronization value for each link to 0 to ensure that during this unpublishing process, the resynchronization does not take place which would result in the deleted assets being republished.
· Document names that are longer than 64 characters will be truncated to the first 64 characters when published to Content Server
Microsoft SharePoint Limitations:
· CIP will not publish SharePoint sub-sites.
· CIP will not support a SharePoint lookup field type, in cases where it references a field from another item, the changes are not going to be detected.
· Attachments in SharePoint are not supported.
Known Issues in FatWire Content Integration Platform:
· #22711 - Error is logged in csagentservices.log file when folders / files are published from FileSystem to CS with CS 75 patch 3
· The Agent Log will continue to increase as long as the agent is running, it is important that you either backup and then delete the log file manually or restart the agent to clean the entries.
· The Agent Log is recreated upon restart. Backup the log prior to restart if you wish to retain the data
· Re-publishing the same data will result in a second asset tree created within Content Server.
· The ThreadPoolCapacity should be increased in the replication section in facilities.xml to achieve parallel performance while publishing more than one publication. The value should be equal to or less than the number of publications.
· Cluster sync must be enabled for CIP to work correctly with Content Server: ft.sync in futuretense.ini must be appropriately set
· Simultaneously publishing and unpublishing assets to Content Server has the potential to cause a race condition, it is advised that before issuing an unpublish command, the user check to ensure that no synchronizations are in process.
· Publishing files from the file system that do not contain file extensions may result in Out of Bounds Exception seen in the Content Server futuretense.txt. The files are published to Content Server and this can be safely ignored.
· When unpublishing a link that includes a large number of documents, the agent log and csagentservices log will show errors during the retry attempts.
Known Issues in FatWire Content Integration Platform specific to Microsoft SharePoint connector:
· Only the first value of the dimension for picture size attributes will appear in Content Server
· Runtime Exception "GetTopFolder" is thrown when unpublishing content that has been published from SharePoint to Content Server. The error can be safely ignored as the unpublish does complete successfully.