|Oracle8i Backup and Recovery Guide
To allocate a channel in preparation for issuing a change or crosscheck command. The maintenance and delete options, which are completely synonymous, specify the device type appropriate for the file whose status you are changing.
- Execute this command only at the RMAN prompt.
- Issue an allocate channel for delete or allocate channel for maintenance command before issuing the following:
- change backupset ... delete
- change backuppiece ... delete
- change backupset ... crosscheck
- change backuppiece ... crosscheck
- Do not specify a channel id.
- You must release an allocated channel before you can allocate a new one, i.e., you cannot allocate multiple maintenance channels.
Keywords and Parameters
Deleting a Backup Piece
This example deletes a backup piece from the media management catalog:
allocate channel for maintenance type 'sbt_tape';
change backuppiece '/oracle/dbs/01aj3q5012' delete;
Marking a File Unavailable
This example crosschecks the backup set with primary key 828:
allocate channel for maintenance type disk;
change backupset 828 crosscheck;