|Oracle Call Interface Programmer's Guide
Basic OCI Concepts
This part of the guide contains chapters that describe basic OCI programming concepts:
- Chapter 1, "Introduction, New Features, and Upgrading", provides an introduction to the OCI and discusses features that are new to release 8i.
- Chapter 2, "OCI Programming Basics", discusses the basic concepts of OCI programming.
- Chapter 3, "Datatypes", describes datatypes used in OCI applications and within the Oracle database Server.
- Chapter 4, "SQL Statement Processing", discusses how to process SQL statements using the Oracle OCI.
- Chapter 5, "Binding and Defining", discusses bind and define operations in detail.
- Chapter 6, "Describing Schema Metadata", discusses the OCIDescribeAny() function.
- Chapter 7, "LOB and FILE Operations", discusses the OCI functions that perform operations on large objects (LOBs) in a database and external LOBs (FILEs).
- Chapter 8, "Managing Scalable Platforms", discusses password management, session management, and thread safety.
- Chapter 9, "OCI Programming Advanced Topics", covers advanced topics in OCI programming, such as user-defined callbacks and Advanced Queuing.