|Oracle financial Analyzer User's Guide
Part No. A87522-01
What this manual is about
The Oracle Financial Analyzer User's Guide describes the Oracle®Financial Analyzer (hereinafter referred to as "Financial Analyzer") user environment and provides information about database maintenance and document tasks. This guide is meant to be used as a companion to the Help system. Conceptual information and examples are included here; procedural information is included in Help. Throughout this guide you will find many references to specific Help topics.
Most of information in this guide is intended for users of Budget, Analyst, and Administrator workstations who are operating in the Microsoft Windows environment. Chapter 18 provides information for individuals who are using the Financial Analyzer web interface.
Structure of this document
The Oracle Financial Analyzer User's Guide is structured as follows:
- Chapter 1 describes the Financial Analyzer workstations and provides configuration information.
- Chapter 2 describes Financial Analyzer menus and components.
- Chapter 3 describes dimensions and dimension values, which are used to describe and structure data.
- Chapter 4 describes financial data items, which are used to store and calculate financial data.
- Chapter 5 describes how you can create and use hierarchies.
- Chapter 6 describes how to create and work with attributes.
- Chapter 7 describes how to use the Selector.
- Chapter 8 describes how to create and use models.
- Chapter 9 describes how to solve data.
- Chapter 10 describes how data and structures are transferred throughout the Financial Analyzer system.
- Chapter 11 describes the features of the Task Processor and Task Queue, which manage information that is written to the shared database.
- Chapter 12 describes the tasks that administrators must perform to set up and maintain system users.
- Chapter 13 describes reports and explains how to create, edit, and maintain them.
- Chapter 14 describes graphs and explains how to create, edit, and maintain them.
- Chapter 15 describes worksheets and explains how to create, edit, and maintain them.
- Chapter 16 describes data entry forms and explains how to create, edit, and maintain them.
- Chapter 17 describes folders and explains how to manage them.
- Chapter 18 describes how to use the Web interface to access, navigate, and exit Financial Analyzer with a browser.
- Chapter 19 describes how to work with Web reports and graphs.
- Chapter 20 describes how to use Web data entry forms to enter and submit data to the shared database.
- Chapter 21 describes the Express Spreadsheet Add-In and explains how to use it with Financial Analyzer.
- Chapter 22 describes how to use the data loader feature.
- A glossary provides definitions for commonly used terms.