|Oracle9i Developer Suite Installation Guide
Release 2 (9.0.2) for Windows and UNIX
Part Number A95828-02
Deinstallation and Reinstallation
This chapter guides you through the deinstallation and reinstallation processes for Oracle9i Developer Suite. They are described in the following topics:
The following section guides you through the deinstallation process of Oracle9iDS.
4.1.1 Deinstalling Using Oracle Universal Installer
Be sure to stop all Oracle services or Oracle processes before starting the deinstallation process.
- Start the Oracle Universal Installer. See Section 2.8.2, "Starting Oracle Universal Installer" if you need instructions.
Once Oracle Universal Installer is launched, the Welcome screen appears. Click Deinstall Products.
Figure 4-1 Welcome Screen
Text description of the illustration welcome.gif
The Welcome screen provides you with two ways to deinstall products:
- Deinstall Products: To deinstall individual products or all products.
- Installed Products: To view currently installed products and deinstall individual products or all products.
- Review the installed products list in the Inventory screen and check the ones you want to deinstall. Then click Remove.
You cannot deinstall individual components of Oracle9iDS.
Figure 4-2 Inventory Screen
Text description of the illustration deinstal.gif
The Inventory screen appears when you click Deinstall Products on the Welcome screen, or Installed Products on any screen.
The Inventory screen displays all products installed in all Oracle Homes.
The "+" sign before a name indicates that there are more components and files installed within that particular name.
Click the "+" sign to view dependent components and files.
If you choose to deinstall a product, then all of its dependent components and files will also be deinstalled.
To deinstall Oracle9iDS completely, check the box that is displayed before the product name, which is listed immediately below the Oracle Home name.
The following buttons and product information appear on the Inventory screen:
- Help: To access detailed information about the functionality of the Inventory screen.
- Remove: To deinstall all checked products from the Oracle Home. A Confirmation screen appears.
- Save As: To save the inventory as text. A file browser dialog displays when you click Save As. Enter a file name and the complete inventory list as displayed on the inventory screen will be logged into this file as text.
- Close: To quit the Inventory screen.
- Location: Displays the full location path of the selected product or component.
- At the Confirmation screen, verify the products selected for deinstallation and click Yes.
Figure 4-3 Confirmation Screen
Text description of the illustration confirm.gif
The Confirmation screen appears when you click Remove on the Inventory screen.
The Confirmation screen lists all the products selected for deinstallation. Scroll down the screen to verify the list.
The following buttons appear on the Confirmation screen:
- Help: To access detailed information about the functionality of the Confirmation screen.
- Yes: To start deinstalling the list of selected products.
- No: To return to the Inventory screen. The list of selected products are not removed from the Oracle Home.
- Monitor the deinstallation process.
Figure 4-4 Remove Progress Bar Screen
Text description of the illustration remove.gif
The Remove Progress Bar screen appears when you click Yes on the Confirmation screen. The installer detects all products chosen for deinstallation and removes them from the Oracle Home.
The following button appears on the Remove Progress Bar screen:
- Cancel: To discontinue the deinstallation process. A message dialog appears, prompting you to confirm that you want to stop the deinstallation process. Click Yes to stop the deinstallation process; click No to continue deinstalling.
- At the end of deinstallation, the Inventory screen appears again. Click Close to exit the deinstallation process.
You have successfully deinstalled Oracle9iDS.
Oracle Universal Installer does not allow reinstallation of Oracle9iDS over an already installed version.
To reinstall Oracle9iDS over the same version, deinstall and then install the product.