|Oracle9i Clickstream Intelligence Data Model Reference
Release 2 (9.0.2)
Part Number A96129-01
The Session Fact
The Session fact aggregates data into logical sessions of related activity. The attributes of a session are the entry page, exit page, session duration, impression count, etc. The granularity of the session fact table is explicitly one record for each session of related activity by a visitor.
Session Fact Attributes
Attributes for the Session fact table consist of measures and foreign keys to the dimensions. For each attribute, information is provided in the appropriate format below:
- Foreign Key: Description (Dimension to which the foreign key refers, if any)
- Measure: Description
In addition to the pre-defined attributes, the Session fact contains ten "generic" foreign keys and five "generic" measures that can be defined by the user.
- Session_ID : Degenerate Session dimension key that can be used to correlate specific sessions with other events.
- Site_ID: Site dimension foreign key. (Site dimension)
- Sess_Date_ID : Calendar day at the beginning of this session, localized to the site time zone. (Date dimension)
- Sess_Time_ID : Time of day at the beginning of this session, localized to the site time zone. (Time of Day dimension)
- First_Agent_ID : First agent of this session. (Agent dimension)
- First_Client_Host_ID: First client host of this session. (Client Host dimension)
- First_Page_ID: First page viewed in this session. (Page dimension)
- Session_Type_ID: Session type dimension foreign key. (Session Type dimension)
- First_Referrer_ID: First referrer of this session. (Referrer dimension)
- First_Ref_Search_ID: If the session referrer is a search engine, then this is the search phrase that resulted in the first page impression of this session. (Search dimension)
- Session_ User_ID : User dimension foreign key taken directly from the Session_User_ID of the Impression fact. (User dimension)
- Session_Visitor_ID: Visitor dimension foreign key inferred from the Session_Visitor_ID of the Impression fact. (Visitor dimension)
- Dim01_ID : Generic dimension 01 foreign key
- Dim02_ID: Generic dimension 02 foreign key
- Dim03_ID: Generic dimension 03 foreign key
- Dim04_ID : Generic dimension 04 foreign key
- Dim05_ID : Generic dimension 05 foreign key
- Dim06_ID : Generic dimension 06 foreign key
- Dim07_ID : Generic dimension 07 foreign key
- Dim08_ID : Generic dimension 08 foreign key
- Dim09_ID: Generic dimension 09 foreign key
- Dim10_ID : Generic dimension 10 foreign key
- Bytes_From_Server : Total number of bytes, excluding HTTP headers, transferred from the server to the client during this session.
- Bytes_From_Client : Total number of bytes, excluding HTTP headers, transferred from the client to the server during this session.
- Session_Duration : Total number of seconds elapsed during this session. A session is defined to begin at the instant of the first resource request, and ends at the termination of the last page impression of the session.
- Session_Time_To_Serve: Total amount of time in seconds taken by the server to process all page views in this session.
- Session_Dwell_Time: Total amount of dwell time for all page views in this session.
- Pages_Visited: The total number of impressions made during this session.
- Measure01: User-defined measure 01
- Measure02 : User-defined measure 02
- Measure03 : User-defined measure 03
- Measure04 : User-defined measure 04
- Measure05 : User-defined measure 05