|Oracle Collaboration Suite Installation Guide
Release 1, Version 184.108.40.206.0 for Windows
Part Number B10262-01
This chapter describes how to deinstall Oracle Collaboration Suite.
This chapter contains these topics:
Oracle Universal Installer does not allow reinstallation of Oracle Collaboration Suite over an installed version. To reinstall Oracle Collaboration Suite over the same version, deinstall and then install the product.
To successfully deinstall Oracle Collaboration Suite from your host, Oracle Corporation recommends deinstalling all secondary (or subsequent) Oracle Collaboration Suite installations before you deinstall the primary (or first) installation.
Oracle Email must be deinstalled before deinstalling Oracle Collaboration Suite.
Preparing to Deinstall Oracle Components
- Run the following script from each middle tier Oracle home before deinstalling the middle tier:
This script removes all e-mail process targets, process instances, and their references from Oracle Internet Directory.
- Run SQL*Plus on the middle tier if the Email Store needs to be deinstalled. Connect to the Email Store database as
SYSTEM, and run the following script:
- Deinstall the Oracle Collaboration Suite middle tier software using Oracle Universal Installer.
Deinstalling Oracle Components
- Start the Oracle Universal Installer. See "Starting Oracle Universal Installer".
The Welcome window appears.
- Click Deinstall Products.
The Inventory window appears. This window displays all the components installed in Oracle home.
- Review the installations and select the Oracle home you are deinstalling.
- Click Remove.
The Confirmation window appears. This window lists all the components you just selected for deinstallation.
- Scroll down the Confirmation window to verify the components selected for deinstallation.
- Click Yes.
- If you have multiple installations of Oracle9iAS Infrastructure, and select a secondary installation of Oracle9iAS Infrastructure, Oracle Universal Installer removes it. If you select the primary installation of Oracle9iAS Infrastructure, the Oracle9iAS Administration Service window appears. Your next action depends on how many Oracle9iAS Infrastructure installations you currently have on the host.
- If you currently have only one installation of Oracle9iAS Infrastructure on the host, then the Oracle9iAS Administration Service window displays the following:
"The active Oracle9iAS Administration Service is in
ORACLE_HOME. There are
no other Administration Services available."
- Click OK to continue.
- If you currently have multiple installations of Oracle9iAS Infrastructure on the host, then the Oracle9iAS Administration Service window displays the following:
"The active Oracle9iAS Administration Service is in ORACLE_HOME. You may
select one of the Administration Services to become the active one."
Select one of the remaining Oracle9iAS Infrastructure installations. It becomes the primary installation and the new location for the Oracle9iAS Administration Service.
- Click OK to continue.
- If you deinstall a component, then all of its dependent components and files are also deinstalled.
- Oracle Universal Installer does not deinstall all the files and directories during deinstallation. Remaining files and directories must be removed manually.