Installing Java DB
To install Java DB you
must first download a Java DB install file from the Java DB Web
Navigate your Web browser to http://developers.sun.com/javadb/downloads/. Click Download.
Follow the instructions on subsequent pages.
Extract the downloaded package, which contains the
distribution of Java DB. This distribution contains scripts, libraries, and
demonstration programs. The extracted installation contains
- The bin subdirectory contains the scripts for executing utilities
and setting up the environment.
- The demo subdirectory contains the demonstration programs.
- The docs subdirectory contains the Java DB documentation.
- The javadoc subdirectory contains the api documentation
that was generated from source code comments.
- The lib subdirectory contains the Java DB .jar files.