Product documentation for Java DB
The Java DB product
documentation consists of the Java DB manuals
and the API reference.
- Getting Started with Java DB
- Describes how to install and configure Java DB.
Includes a self-study tutorial for users new to Java DB and a quick-start guide
for experienced JDBC users. This guide introduces the dblook, ij,
and sysinfo tools, and the libraries and scripts that are
included with Java DB.
- Java DB Developer's Guide
- Describes the functionality and features of Java DB common
to all deployments, such as Java DB's
JDBC and SQL specifics, deploying Java DB applications,
security, and other advanced features.
- Java DB Reference Manual
- Documents the implementation of the SQL language in Java DB.
This guide provides reference information about the JDBC and JTA implementations,
keywords, system tables, properties, and SQLExceptions in Java DB.
- Tuning Java DB
- Explains how to configure and tune Java DB through
properties and provides reference information on properties. This guide also
offers performance tips, an in-depth discussion of performance, and information
about the Java DB optimizer.
- Java DB Tools and Utilities Guide
- Describes how to use the the Java DB tools
such as dblook, ij, andsysinfo,
and how to use the system procedures to import and export data, and how to
store Java code in the database.
- Java DB Server and Administration Guide
- Part One of this guide discusses configuring servers, how to program client
applications, and database administration. In addition, some systems might
require administrative tasks such as backing up databases. These tasks
are independent of any server framework but are unique to multi-user or large
Part Two of this guide discusses administrative issues such as
backups and debugging deadlocks.
- Java DB API Reference
- An API Reference that is automatically generated for all public Java DB classes.
No reference is provided for the JDBC API, which is part of the Java 2 Platform,
Standard Edition. For more information about the classes in the API, see the Java DB Reference Manual.
You can access the Java DB manuals
and API Reference from the Java DB Documentation page
on the Java DB web site. The product documentation is also installed
with Java DB. The manuals
are installed in the docs subdirectory and the API Reference
is installed in the javadoc subdirectory.