Connecting a client to the Network Server with the SimpleNetworkClientSample
The SimpleNetworkClientSample program is a client
program that interacts with the Derby
Network Server from another JVM.
The program performs the following tasks:
- Loads the network client driver. (Note that this step is not
necessary if you are running the client on JDK 1.6 or higher. In that
environment, the network client driver loads automatically.)
- Obtains a client connection by using the DriverManager.
- Obtains a client connection by using a DataSource.
- Tests the database connections by running a sample query.
- Closes the connections and then exits the program.
You must install the following files in the %DERBY_HOME%\demo\nserverdemo\
directory before you can run the sample program:
- The source file: SimpleNetworkClientSample.java.
- The compiled class file: SimpleNetworkClientSample.class.