Installing Java DB
Java DB is installed automatically as part of the Java SE
Development Kit (JDK).
To obtain the JDK, navigate your web browser to
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/ and click the Download
JDK button. Follow the instructions on subsequent pages.
Java DB is installed in the db
directory of the JDK installation. This
distribution contains scripts, libraries, and demonstration programs. The
installation contains several subdirectories:
- The bin subdirectory contains the scripts for executing utilities
and setting up the environment.
- The demo subdirectory contains the demonstration programs.
- The docs subdirectory contains the Java DB documentation.
- The javadoc subdirectory contains the Java DB public API
- The lib subdirectory contains the Java DB jar files.
For a Java DB installation, set the
DERBY_HOME environment variable,
described in Setting the environment variables, to